We're currently closed for distillery tours.
To enter the Sliabh Liag Distillers website you must be of legal drinking age in your country.
By entering your date of birth and clicking enter, you confirm that you’re above legal drinking age.
1. All references to “our”, “us”, “we” or “Company” within this policy are deemed to refer to Driogairí Shliabh Liag Cuideachta Ghniomaiochta Ainmnithe (Sliabh Liag Distillers DAC), its subsidiaries, affiliates and associates.
This Privacy and Cookies Notice (together with our Website(s) Terms & Conditions and any other documents referred to on them) set out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following information carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1988 as revised 2014 (the Act), the data controller is Driogairí Shliabh Liag CGA, registered in Ireland with company number 552979 and registered address at Shliabh Liag, Line Road, Carrick, Co. Donegal, Ireland F94 X9DX.
2. You must not provide us with your personal information if you are not of legal age to purchase alcohol in the jurisdiction in which you reside and (if different) in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing the Website(s). We do not intend to collect personal information from any individuals under the legal purchase age, or to market alcoholic beverages to anyone under the legal purchase age. If we receive notice or believe that someone under the legal purchase age has provided us with personal information we will make every reasonable effort to remove such personal information from our files, or to flag such personal information and (to the extent permitted by law) retain it for the sole purpose of ensuring that it is no longer used.
It is your choice to provide us with personal information. We will only collect personal information that you choose to provide. This includes personal information you provide us with:
a. when registering with our Website(s), contacting us, completing surveys or questionnaires, entering competitions, promotions or events sponsored by us, and posting information on public areas of our Website(s);
b. through your use of our Website(s) such as your name, contact details, personal preferences, and details of your website use; and
c. when you purchase products from us through our online shop or the online shop of Fine Wine Sellers Ltd (UK) and through the fulfilment of your orders. By doing so, you are agreeing to our use of that information as set out in this Privacy & Cookie notice and Website(s) Terms & Conditions
3. Sometimes, we will give you the option to choose whether you would like to receive information from us or not (e.g. by choosing to opt in or opt out of receiving emails from us with news about our brands or promotional offers). However, you will sometimes not have the option to opt out, such as when we are satisfying the obligations of a contract with you, or administering a transaction requested by you.
4. We may also obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit (Cookies). Cookies can’t harm your computer and we don’t store personally identifiable information, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the Website(s) and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
Cookies enable us to:
• a. estimate our audience size and usage pattern; and
• b. recognise you when you return to the Website(s).
So that you can make full use of the personalised features on our Website(s), your computer, mobile phone or other device (Device) will need to accept Cookies.
5. Here’s a list of the main Cookies that may be sent to your Device and what we use each Cookie for. You can set your browser to reject Cookies (see section 7 below for more information on how to do this), but if you do this, certain personalised features of our Website(s) cannot be provided to you.
6. To support our Website(s) we may occasionally embed photos and video content from other third party websites such as Flickr and YouTube. Pages with this embedded content may present you with Cookies from these websites. We do not control the distribution of these Cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
8. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit tools.google.com/dlpage/ gaoptout.
9. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy & Cookies notice. All information you provide to us is stored in secure managed servers. Any payment transactions are encrypted using SSL technology, and payment details are not kept following completion of the transaction. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website(s), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
10. If you are giving us your personal information in the course of purchasing, registering, or subscribing to a service or product, then we will only use your information in order to provide you with that service or for closely related purposes. We use some carefully selected third parties to help us deliver these services and products to you but they are only allowed to use your personal information to deliver the service or product you have purchased, registered or subscribed to. Some of our trusted third parties in supporting these services will transfer your information overseas, but we make sure that your information remains protected and secure. Specifically, we may store and process your information from our UK branch office, outside the European Union.
11. We use information held about you in the following ways:
a. to ensure that content from the Website(s) is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or device;
b. to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
c. to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website(s), when you choose to do so;
d. to notify you about changes to our products and services and:
e. the fulfilment of online purchases.
12. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which mean subsidiaries or an ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
13. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
a. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
b. If the Company, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
c. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
14. We may disclose your personal information to our suppliers, distributors (wholly or partly owned or 3rd party) and other contractors who are engaged by us to assist in the provision of products and services to you, including delivery of products ordered by you and the conduct of market research which you have agreed to participate in.
15. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, unsubscribing from communication. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at:
Driogairí Shliabh Liag CGA, Shliabh Liag, Line Road, Carrick,
or emailing Info@sliabhliagdistillers.com
16. The Website(s) may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
17. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of €10 (Euro) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Act. If we do hold information about you we will:
To make a request for any personal information we may hold you need to put a request in writing using the
a. give you a description of it;
b. tell you why we were holding it;
c. tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
d. let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form. contact details at the end of this notice.
18. Any changes we may make to our Privacy & Cookies notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email.
19. Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy &Cookies notice are welcomed and should be addressed to:
Driogairí Shliabh Liag CGA, Shliabh Liag, Line Road, Carrick, Co. Donegal, Ireland F94 X9DX.
20. This Privacy & Cookies notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland